I am a typical cancer who was born in a hot July morning at 1983. As I am always early, I was an early born, before 8 mounts over.
I was always over-naughty. Mothers around used to tell their children “I said, don’t see her!”, teachers used to call my parents every day.
I said to my dad, I want to be a designer, but he said “do you want to starve?” – Yes, in Turkey, being artist or designer means that. He said to me to do a money making job and then do what ever I want. So if things don’t go well, I can still make money for my living, shortly, securing my future. I was always rebellious but I tended to like this. Then I decided to be a doctor like my big brother, travelling the world and helping the needy, while drinking their soups, I could do art… But in Turkey, being a doctor as hard as being an artist.
I became an engineer, when the university is over, then I retired!
Being an engineer is easy, if you don’t sleep at all because, you never have enough time to study more. This left me unpracticed for art as I had no time for it. I had only the passion for what I wanted to do. No education, no practice, nothing at all…
And I had a psychotic illness called “borderline personality disorder” which makes my life difficult – and especially for people. But it had its own specialty as in a natural sense of chemistry; I see derivative flashbacks, in a non-real world environment within my mind. It’s like having seeing things in a fictional scene. Air has texture, feelings have colors. Everything has a symbol in my mind. It is more than necessity to illustrate if you see things like that. There is only one problem that I have no idea about drawing. I only had notebook pages and rotring pencil…I was drawing simple figures… no book, no lessons, nothing else… it improved, - I always said that, if someone else can do it, and if that someone else has hands like mine, then I can do it too. I just don’t have practice. – I did draw for 1 year long, and decided to pour my own ideas. So I am sharing by online gallery, what I can say…
Now I made this site – I am a computer engineer - and it is hopeful to make living from your art… displaying my brain is priceless.
I sometimes write poems or short stories that I will also share in a short time and design things from my flashbacks.
Now I live in a coffee, melissa, and bergamot scented apartment studio in Istanbul.
My life goes on in a loving cycle. Psychotic and childish…
And my real name is Nese Nilufer Kavrak which means Joy Nymph Firewood. I use mainili – it is Persian – means bluest indigo – it feels like me.
I love cats, trees, mushrooms, vegetables, leaves, vintage clothes and so on…
I hate war, fight, and classification.
Find mainili on web
- Facebook: facebook.com/mainili
- Twitter: @mainili
- Youtube: youtube.com/mainili
- Pinterest: pinterest.com/mainili
- Blogger: mainili.blogspot.com
- Tumblr: mainili.tumblr.com
TGRT Haber, Arti Stil TV Show Interview
- Heart Handmade Blog Feature (English) - www.hearthandmadeblog.com/flashback-jewelry
- EgoistOkur Blog Feature (Turkish) - egoistokur.com/yeldegirmenlerine-karsi-yeni-aksesuarlarinizla-guc-toplayin/
- Interrupting Cow Blog Giveaway (English) - interruptingcowreviews.blogspot.com/2011/05/giveaway-original-artwork-makes-fun-and.html
- Cruzines Blog Interview (English) - cruzines.blogspot.com/2012/05/friday-art-feature-mainili.html
- ChunLi Beauty Blog Feature (Turkish) - www.chunlibeauty.com/2012/06/tasarm-aksesuar-mainilicom-la-bulustuk.html
- My Princess Blog Feature (Turkish) - princesss06.blogspot.com/2012/06/2-cici-blog-tavsiyesi.html
- Kadinca Kararinca Blog Feature (Turkish) - ozlemcacim.blogspot.com/2012/07/mainilicom-dan-harika-tasarmlar.html
- Ilknur'un Dunyasi Blog Feature (Turkish) - www.ilknurundunyasi.com/2012/07/mainilicom-ile-tum-izleyicilerimize-20.html
- Kerem'in Annesi Blog Feature (Turkish) - kereminannisi.blogspot.com/2012/07/mainilicom-ile-1-izleyicime-el-yapm.html
- Aelidaa Ask Cesmesi Blog Feature (Turkish) - http://aelidaa.blogspot.com/2012/12/mainili-fantasy-art-desingn-ve-masal.html
- Styleboom Fashion Blog (Turkish) - http://style-boom.blogspot.com/2012/12/mainili-saat-ve-aksesuar.html
- Shopaholic Fashion Blog (Turkish) - http://www.shopaholic-ny.com/2012/12/mainili.html
- Tasarimcinin Evi Blog (Turkish) - http://tasarimcininevi.com/2013/01/02/mainili-o-mavi-ruhlu-bir-peri/
Photos of me, my inspirations, my treasuries, shows and my studio (my dear sanctuary)
Treasures of mine
These are my muses, my joy... each has its stories and I love them.
Shows & Fairs
This is our living room but as we spend most of our time while working, we decided to make it to our studio.